Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Monday, June 19, 2017

Father's Day and Frog Legs

Hey guys!  What's up?

First of all, Happy Belated Papa's Day!  Sunday was truly a special day!  I hope everyone had a great day and had the opportunity to thank their fathers or a father figure for all they do for them.
I know I had that opportunity and I did not pass it up.

Not to boast, but I'm very grateful that I have the best dad in the world!  I'm sure I could spend several hours and tell you why, but that might get boring for some people.  Haha  I just know that if I can develop the qualities that my dad has....patience, kindness, forgiveness, humility, courage, etc. then when I have a family some day, I will be better for it.   So....Happy Papa's Day to all!

My mission has been amazing so far!  One thing I have noticed is how fast time flies by.  We are nearing the end of a transfer and I'm shocked by how fast it has gone by.  So you know what that means....I've already given a talk within 3 weeks of being in Baxley. Haha  I wasn't surprised though.

So I gave my talk on missionary moments taught from the scriptures.  I focused it around the Gospel of Jesus Christ and the story of Alma and Amulek.   I won't share it all, but I will give you something to think about.  First of all, what is the definition of a disciple?  If you don't know, I encourage you to look it up in the Bible Dictionary.  I also encourage you to think about the story of Alma and Amulek and how the Gospel of Jesus Christ changed their lives.  I think we all can relate to Alma or Amulek at some point in our lives and the mighty change of heart as they followed the Savior.

My new favorite hymn is "I Need Thee Every Hour" (Hymn 98)  I won't explain why I like that one right now, but it's probably pretty obvious.   Here are the words....

So nothing crazy has happened here in Baxley.   I've eaten some frog legs and gator tail, but that's normal stuff here in Baxley.  It just tastes like chicken.   I think the southern motto down here should be "If it has eyes, and it tastes like chicken.....eat it!"  Here's a little video of me enjoying frog legs for the first time. 











I am really enjoying Baxley.    I'm still getting used to how small this town is though.   I'm pretty sure I know all the cars around town and who they belong to.  Haha

We have some great investigators right now.   They are usually the ones who invite us over for dinner which we are VERY grateful for.   It also makes for a great time to talk about the gospel and how it can bless their lives.

We had a great Zone Conference in Tifton.   We learned so much and enjoyed the fellowship of all the missionaries in our zone.  It was also great to get to know some of the members in Tifton.

Have a great week everyone!  Stay safe and have some fun!  Ain't nobody got time for serious people!
 Here are a few more pictures from my awesome mission!






No comments:

Post a Comment