I can't believe Christmas is here already! It is one of my favorite holidays!
Can I tell you why I love Christmas?
1. I love Christmas music. It gets me in the Christmas spirit and it just makes me happy. My all time favorite Christmas song is White Christmas by Clyde McPhatter and the Drifters.
2. I love the lights! Christmas lights are warm, bright and colorful. They change the mood and make the setting 10 times better! They also make me happy!
3. I love Christmas movies! I don't know why I enjoy watching other people enjoy Christmas, but I do! My favorite Christmas movie is Polar Express and watching it makes me happy.
4. Of course I love gifts! :) Christmas is the season of giving and the season of receiving. Who doesn't love making someones day by giving them a gift? It's a little late in the game, but I encourage anyone reading this to follow the #LightTheWorld initiative. There is nothing better than bringing a little light into the lives of others.
5. Food! Does that even need an explanation? :)
6. Family! Spending time with family is the best! Nothing is better than enjoying the holidays with family and I love my family! I might not say it a lot, but it's true.... I love my family.
7. The only way to truly celebrate Christmas is by remembering our Savior, Jesus Christ. Without a doubt, my testimony of the Savior has been strengthened while serving a mission. I have been studying His life and His birth. I have been reading "Jesus the Christ" by James E. Talmage. What an amazing book with an amazing message of Christ's mission. As I read the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, I can feel my Savior's love and guidance.
Here's some wonderful scriptures about Christ........
2 Nephi 25:23-26
23 For we labor diligently to write, to apersuade our children, and also our brethren, to believe in Christ, and to be reconciled to God; for we know that it is by bgrace that we are saved, after all we can cdo.
24 And, notwithstanding we believe in Christ, we akeep the law of Moses, and look forward with steadfastness unto Christ, until the law shall be fulfilled.
25 For, for this end was the alaw given; wherefore the law hath become bdead unto us, and we are made alive in Christ because of our faith; yet we keep the law because of the commandments.
26 And we atalk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ, we bprophesy of Christ, and we write according to our prophecies, that our cchildren may know to what source they may look for a dremission of their sins.
We had a baptism a couple of week ago! A wonderful woman named Henrietta! We are so happy for her! It's always amazing to see the light of Christ change someone's life!
Here's another of my favorite Christmas Hymns..... "Once in Royal David's City"
Merry Christmas everyone! I love and miss you all!