Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Wednesday, November 22, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Hey Ya'll!   Happy Thanksgiving!  Time is flying by so fast.  I guess thats the way it works being an LDS missionary.   The days seem long and the months seem short and somehow that makes sense.  haha   I am so happy to be able to celebrate Thanksgiving.  It's not only a day to fellowship with family members, friends and acquaintances, but also a day that we can stop for just a moment and give thanks for all that we have.   And we have much to be thankful for!  Living a life of thanksgiving daily can be hard sometimes.  Luckily, we have a day specifically dedicated to give thanks.  I was also thinking of another day we should be thankful for.  A day we can pause and look back over our week.  A day that we can remember who is most important to give thanks to.   Of course, the day I am talking about is the Sabbath Day.   The most important day in our week.  That's the day we attend church and think about the atonement of Jesus Christ.   A day we give thanks to our Heavenly Father for all that we have.  Just as we share Thanksgiving Day with our loved ones, we should also want to share the Sabbath with others. 
I will always remember Sabbath days growing up.   We would go to church, partake of the sacrament and learn the gospel.   Then we would come home, have a great family dinner, and laugh and love and remember the Savior.  If we treated everyday like Thanksgiving, I would say all would be perfect.  I try to be thankful everyday..... Here are just a few of the things I am thankful for. 

- I am thankful to know the unconditional love Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ have for me.
- I am thankful to know that even though I am imperfect, the atonement of Jesus Christ is there so that I can repent of my mistakes.
- I am thankful for parents who taught me right from wrong.  Parents who love me unconditionally and support me and encourage me to do good.
- I am thankful for a brother and a sister who have been amazing examples in my life.
- I am thankful for friends, teachers, and many others who without their help, I most likely wouldn't be on a mission today.
- I am thankful to be on a mission, serving the Lord in this part of the vineyard.
- I am thankful for the people that God allows me to teach.   They are an inspiration and example in my life.
- I am thankful for the members of the North Augusta Ward, who make me feel at home and last but not least............
- I am thankful for the newly opened CHIPOTLE! 

I am thankful for so much more, but those are just a few of the most important. 

I hope you all enjoy your Thanksgiving!  Do something fun and remember life is short...live life in the slow land.....witness all the beautiful things in front of you. 

Here is a hymn that I love right now
Hymn 92  For the Beauty of the Earth.


No comments:

Post a Comment