Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Happy Birthday and MTC Life!!!






















What's up everyone!!!
 I only have a few more days in the MTC, and then I'm headed to Macon, Georgia! How crazy is that?! 
Anyway,   MTC life is pretty good, they have wonderful teachers, and amazing devotionals.. and man does the time awkwardly fly by, if that makes sense. 
So you definitely learn a lot, if you're open and willing, which is like from 6:30am-10pm.
Occasionally you'll get really tired during the day. But I see no harm in sleeping away "daily planning session" .....I guarantee you will feel more awake and energized!!
So I have met some pretty cool missionaries, and no I'm not talking about myself haha but there are so many awesome Missionaries here to learn and teach with. 
There is just something about hearing the testimonies of over 30 missionaries in one room that makes you feel excited  and blessed. 
So I have never really been a hymn singing guy, partially because my voice sounds like a dying ostrich, well that's really the only reason.  But I do love hearing hymns.  I never really had a favorite hymn,  until being in the MTC ... so here it is

Hark, All Ye Nations!

Hark, all ye nations!  Hear heaven's voice
Thru every land that all may rejoice!
Angels of glory shout the refrain
Truth is restored again!

Oh how glorious from the throne above
Shines the gospel light of truth and love 
Bright as the sun, this heavenly ray
Lights every land today

Searching in darkness, nations have wept
Watching for dawn, their vigil they've kept
All not rejoice, the long nigh is o'er
Truth is on earth once more!


Oh how glorious from the throne above
Shines the gospel light of truth and love 
Bright as the sun, this heavenly ray
Lights every land today


Chosen by God to serve him below
To every land and people we'll go
Standing for truth with fervent accord
Teaching His holy word


Oh how glorious from the throne above
Shines the gospel light of truth and love 
Bright as the sun, this heavenly ray
Lights every land today



 Every time I hear this song, I am beside myself, not because it applies to me as a missionary but because of the  "gospel light of truth and love".    It  gives me a sense of peace, and hope.  How humbling is that?  The chorus is my favorite part. 

Anyways since it is my B-Day I need everyone to celebrate it!!! 
How do you do that?   
By being relaxed, chilling out, live a little, do something crazy because what's reward without a little risk? .... put yourself out there, and you will have a great day!



No comments:

Post a Comment