Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Monday, August 14, 2017

Baptisms During the Dog Days of Summer!

Hey Everyone!
Happy August and also Happy Dog Days of Summer!  That is what Georgia refers to the hottest month of the year....August.   I have never heard that before, but surprisingly it has not been that hot.  I think we have been very blessed for the past couple of weeks.  The humidity, in my opinion, has been very tolerable.  haha

In my last blog post, I said that I would be posting every 2 weeks, but obviously that hasn't happened.  haha   So just expect one at least once a month and I will continue to work on that!  :)



Well, I have to say we have had an awesome week.  We have been working very hard with our investigators and a couple of them have dates set for baptism this month.   One investigator, Brother Thompson is getting baptized on Saturday!  We are very excited for him.  His wife and children are already members of the church.  He asked my companion and I to come and teach him about the gospel so he could be baptized.     We asked him during the first visit why he decided to take the lessons to be baptized and he answered "Because I want to be able to go to the temple and be sealed to my wife"  He told us it was time for a change.   We were so happy to hear that and we are very excited for him and his amazing family.   We only have a few last minute arrangements to complete for his baptismal service on Saturday.   We hope and pray everything goes well. 

Some other news from this past week.....
Sister John and Sister Jensen are serving in a neighboring town.   They had a baptism this past Saturday and we had the awesome opportunity to help out.  Sister Douglas was baptized and she is the sweetest lady ever!  It was such a blessing to participate in her baptism!  The work in Georgia is happening.   Sometimes it seems slow, but it is definitely happening.



Something else I've noticed on my mission.   My IBS symptoms are practically non-existent.  It can't be from my amazing eating habits.  haha   I don't even have to take my meds.   I am very grateful that Heavenly Father is looking out for me while serving my mission.   No matter how big or small our trial may be,  we can find help through the atonement of Jesus Christ.  

Rainbows in Georgia!

Rainbows in Georgia!



Nothing crazy has happened lately.   I still get random dogs that pee on my shoes and people who think we don't believe in Jesus Christ even though His name is on our name tag.   For me, the mission is going by so fast.  I can't believe summer will be over soon.  

I am out of time to write this week!  Hope everyone has a great week!   Remember to pay attention to the beautiful things in life!

Elder McGee


Beautiful Georgia Sky

Beautiful Georgia Sky




No comments:

Post a Comment