Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Monday, August 21, 2017

Baptism in Baxley!

Hey y'all!   Happy Monday!   I hope everyone had a great week!   Can you believe I'm writing a blog post two weeks in a row?  haha

We've had a great week here in Baxley!  As I mentioned last week, we have been working with one of our investigators, Brother Thompson.   We were able to teach him the last couple of lessons this past week.   Brother Thompson is about as close to being a "Golden Investigator" as you can get.  He chose to meet with us....he chose to listen to the lessons and follow through with the commitments that we gave him.   Two of those commitments were to read The Book of Mormon and to pray to know of it's truthfulness.   As he followed the example of the Savior, he accepted the invitation to be baptized.   Brother Thompson was baptized on August 19, 2017!  It was a great day!
We are so proud of him and the choices he has made to be baptized.   Now he can continue to renew those covenants every Sabbath when he partakes of the sacrament.




I have talked about how much I love the hymns and here is one of my favorites scriptures about the importance of hymnal music.

Doctrine and Covenants 25

12 For my soul delighteth in the song of the heart; yea the song of the righteous is a prayer unto me, and it shall be answered with a blessing upon their heads

13 Wherefore, lift up thy heart and rejoice, and cleave unto the covenants which thou hast made.

It is such a blessing to be able to attend church and partake of the sacrament and to listen to the peaceful hymns.
I hope that everyone who has the opportunity to attend church can focus on the hymns and how they can bring peace to all.

My new favorite hymn is  More Holiness Give Me.   Read the words..... they are amazing.
It's a prayer that we can sing.  


Here are a couple more pictures from this past week!   I hope you all have a great week! 




No comments:

Post a Comment