Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Wednesday, September 13, 2017

Big Ol' Irma

Hey guys!  Whats up? 
Happy September!  August went by so fast.  We are also nearing the end of a GMM transfer and I am thinking I may be transferred out of good ol' Baxley.  We shall see. 

Well it has been quite a while since I last updated the blog.  Many things have happened.  Our new member in the Hazelhurst Branch is doing great!  He just got a calling and is loving it!  We have some other investigators that are really progressing and even a boost in member support.   As some of you know, Baxley is very small and doesn't have it's own church building so we attend church in Hazelhurst which is also very small.   In spite of the small congregations, we get so much help from the members, which is awesome!

So, last week was literally just preparing and talking about big ol' Irma.  I have never seen Baxley so busy.  People from the coastal areas of Georgia came through Baxley to get to safer ground.  There were lots of people clearing out Walmart's shelves.  The bread sold out around Wednesday or early Thursday morning.   The cases of water were gone by Friday.   I will admit it was exciting to watch.  Maybe someday after my mission, for comic relief, I'll sit at a Walmart with a bag of popcorn and just watch people when there is a hurricane coming. 
On a more serious note, I was safe, and so was the rest of the GMM missionaries.   Some had a tree fall on a house they were living in and some had a little flooding, but other than that, no one was harmed.  We truly have one of the best mission presidents you could ever want!  President Grayson made sure we were all taken care of.  We were evacuated to Douglas, Georgia and waited out the storm there.   Afterwards, we were able to provide some service to an older couple.  We cleaned up their yard and I got to climb up on the roof.  (Don't tell my mom)  haha
We were very grateful for the opportunity to help. 

All is well here in Baxley.   I am enjoying and loving my mission.   We work hard and still find time to do some fun stuff.  I hope all is well with all of you.   Do something fun this week! 

I've added some pictures at the bottom of the page...........

The hymn for this week is
Brightly Beams Our Father's Mercy

There are great scriptures that go with this song....
1 John 2:10
Doctrine and Covenants 18:10-16

This hymn talks about finding refuge from life's storms by depending on the Savior.   The Savior is the lighthouse and we are the lower lights mentioned in the hymn.  We must be good examples and shine our lights to help others find their way back to the Savior.  We can help those that are struggling.

Great Hymn!!!

 


Safe from the storm










No comments:

Post a Comment