Georgia Macon Mission

Georgia Macon Mission

Monday, May 15, 2017

New Area and Mothers

Hey! What's up y'all!

First of all, happy belated Mother's Day to everyone!  I have 3 favorite holidays.....
1.  Christmas
2.  Halloween
3. Mother's Day or my Mother's Birthday
Why, do you ask?   I don't think there's enough time in the day or even a week to talk about all the wonderful things mothers do.
Not to boast, but I'm pretty sure I have the best mother in the entire world.  I know the many sacrifices she has made and continues to make.  She is a blessing from God.  My mom will always be my best friend.

So, some news to tell you....I transferred over the field to a small town of 4,000 called Baxley.  Long story short, my previous companion, Elder Hill had an oopsie on his bike and broke his wrist....lesson learned from that would be beware of mailboxes. Haha. So like the caring human being that I am, I told him to "rub some dirt on it and you'll be fine".

Baxley is pretty cool so far.  We are still planning to run in the Alma Blueberry Festival, which will be dope. 
 
 
 We were able to witness some baptisms, which was awesome.  It is very humbling to see younger aged kids being baptized.  I had the opportunity to confirm one of them, which was amazing.

Unfortunately, no kids pooing in the yard this week, but I did get to ride in an ambulance when Elder Hill broke his wrist.   It could have been even more fun, but he kept saying " ouch it hurts".   I just told him to "be quiet dude and enjoy the ride". Haha

As you can tell, I haven't lost my humorous side, and I never will.   Life is too short to be too serious....may as well just laugh it off.


As I mentioned before, I love the hymns....even though my voice sounds awful.
  Hymn 85  How Firm a Foundation.....focusing on my favorite stanzas 2 and 3.

2.  In ev'ry condition - in sickness, in health
In poverty's vale or abounding wealth
At home or abroad, on the land or the sea
As thy days may demand, as thy days may demand
As thy days may demand, so thy succor shall be

3.  Fear not, I am with thee, and cause thee to stand
For I am thy God and will still give thee aid
I'll strengthen thee, help thee, and cause thee to stand,
Upheld by my righteous, upheld by my righteous,
Upheld by my righteous, omnipotent hand.

"For I am thy God and will still give thee aid"

Whether you are a full time missionary or not, as long as you have an eye single to the glory of God, He will cause thee to stand.  Any trials we experience, no matter how bad, it's through our faith that we can understand and be thankful for the blessings that will come from them.   Just something to think about.

So, I am really loving this tag that I wear..... even though I lose them a lot.

 Every morning when I put my name tag on, it gives me a drive to become better and better everyday.


I hope everyone reading this has a great week.  Go out and do something fun!  And remember to ALWAYS be thankful for your mother....unless you don't have one.....then be thankful for Zebra
Cakes.

Elder McGee

Here's a few pictures too!













No comments:

Post a Comment